Monday, July 18, 2011

Meeting Other Dothan Moms

I'm a stay-at-home mom to three kids, who are all boys. I have a 8 yr old, 5 yr old, and a 10 month old. I moved here from GA, where I was born and raised for 27 years, before moving to AL and marrying my husband.

After living in Ashford for almost 2 years. I finally joined a group called "Dothan Moms Meetup". I RSVPed for 3 events. The first one was for Story Time at Barnes & Noble last Wednesday.  It was kind of a bust, b/c I didn't meet anybody.  But today I went to the Wiregrass Commons Mall to walk early this morning with my three kids. It was a great success.  I met the host, who's name was Jessica. She was totally sweet, with three kids of her own, and one on the way. Then I met a woman named Meredith, who had one son and one on the way. And then Tara, who had one son.  I'm not the type of person to just go up and meet people, b/c I'm really shy most of the time. But after living here and not having any friends, and leaving all of my friends back home. I had to get out and make myself, make friends. We had a good time.  We did three laps around the mall, before going our separate ways, until another event began at 11:00 at Simple Simon's Pizza. This event was planned by Gina, another event host and she was wonderful, too! The kid's just loved every minute of it! I saw Jessica and her kids again, and a bunch of other moms. I will definitely be RSVPing for more things to do with the kids! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment